The ups, downs, in's and out's of two North East UK musical eclectricians.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

BH Monday - HitchHikers Guide - 02/05/05

Hello and Happy Bank Holiday !

Hope you're having or have had a good'un.

I found myself with a few ours to kill on Saturday before DJ'ing, so decided to pop to my local Odeon (Multiplex) to see "The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy".


http://hitchhikers.movies.go.com/

And being old enough to have read the book, listened to the radio version and seen the BBC adaptation, (pause for breath) It's a dissapointment.

Martin Freedman is great as Arthur Dent, but unfortunately I just don't get Mos Def as Ford Prefect.



If I knew nothing about the history and previous incarnations of Douglas Adams legacy, then I probably would've enjoyed it a whole lot more (as the kids in front of me seemed to!)

Sam Rockwell is great as Zaphod, but the the Trisha/Trillian character is reduced to absolute mush, and don't get me started on the Japanese Manga inspired Marvin the robot.



That's not to say it doesn't look great, because it does. The sets are fantastic, but the charm of the Book's graphics in the BBC version are lost unfortunately.

It's one to watch on DVD, or buy if the extras are really good and it's less than a tenner.

So there.

Laters,

Flint

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home